Friday, May 13, 2011

What was I thinking?

When I started this whole "writing" thing, I thought it would be fun.
          I was right.

I thought it would be an adventure.
          I was right.

I thought it would be a piece of cake... because I have been "writing all my life".
          I.
           Was.
              Wrong.

Some days, the words flow from my pen as easy as water flows into the ocean.
Other days, trying to find the right words is like pulling hen's teeth.

And as far as I know, hen don't have teeth.

I have stories in the drawer that need major overhauls. I have stories that will never see the light of day again. I have stories I want to write - but that need to percolate a bit more before putting them to paper.

Some days, I get lot of stuff written - and it's good.
Some days, I get NOTHING written.
Some days, I write - and I probably shouldn't have.

It's all part of the journey. A wild, crazy, frustrating and wonderfully fabulous journey.

And if I'm honest, I would do it all again. And again. And again.

What about you?





Write2Ignite! Conference 2012 – March 16-17, 2012 at North Greenville University

2 comments:

  1. Once I wrote, "I cannot not write." I know that is a double negative, but you get the message. Writing is an itch that must be scratched, a compulsion that is in our veins as much as blood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!
    It's cliche, I know. But I can't not write!
    Thank you, Lord!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete